Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Motivational Speaking With A dash of Crazy

Good Morning Internet!

Today I am headed to Phoenix Union Bioscience High School. (mouthful) I am speaking to the school about "getting their higher education on". If I could do one thing for the rest of my life it would be speaking. I always ask myself what I would do for free if I didn't have to worry about money...this is IT!

Check out my video for Bioscience here


Let me clear my throat ahgh ahagh!


I recently attended a motivational seminar that will remain nameless ::cough:: Get Motivated ::cough::. First I will admit that listening to powerful speakers is amazing and if you have the opportunity to listen to the likes of Colonel Powell, Zig Ziglar, etc. I encourage you to attend.


Here's the THANG...


The one thing that gets me heated about "motivational speakers" are people's dependency on their message. ::whisper:: guess what? YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING THEY CAN and you don't have to spend thousands of dollars on their DVD's, CD's, Tapes (yes some of us still use tapes ha) and their AMAZING books. EVERYBODY HAS A BOOK NOW! My grandma has a book!

We have the power within us and it's a little thing called ATTITUDE!



It's not about your knowledge or your skills. Half the time you don't need to be better than anyone... BUT you have to want it more than they do. Success is a mindset and the sooner you tap into yours the sooner your life will make sense. Teenagers...just think where you can be in a year, five years, ten years from now with the right attitude. I am excited for you!

Keep It Real.

Murph

2 comments:

  1. MURPH!
    Thanks for coming to Phoenix Union BIoscience High School! I know I really appreciated it and I had A LOT of fun. I'm in a low-low-low-income family and I'm hoping to get into University of Arizona on financial aid, but I also want small scholarships on the side that will get me extra money for books, clothes, and school supplies. Do you know of any good scholarships or programs that will help me pay for school?

    You can get back to me at my email: smramirez3711@yahoo.com

    I'm ready to get my higher education on!
    Sarah Ramirez

    ReplyDelete